Listed below are a few media and informational pieces on BIID / transableism.
- Sarah Boesveld, National Post (2015): “Becoming Disabled by Choice, Not Chance: ‘Transabled’ People Feel like Imposters in Their Fully Working Bodies”
- Lara Irvine, ABC Ramp Up/Disability Gateway (2011): “Translating Transableism: When Being Able-bodied becomes a Disability”
- Mo Costandi, The Guardian (2012): “The Science and Ethics of Voluntary Amputation”
- Anil Ananthaswamy (2013): “This is what It’s Like to be at War with Your Body”
- Neil Levy, The Independent (2015): “Body Integrity Identity Disorder: The Condition where Sufferers want to be Disabled”
- Robin Marantz Henig (2005): “At War with Their Bodies, They Seek to Sever Limbs”
- Carl Elliott (2000): “A New Way to be Mad”
- Ewen Callaway (2009): “Desire to Amputate Healthy Limbs Shows Up in Brain Scans”
- Andrea Downey, The Sun (2017): “It’s Just Not Mine”
- Ed Cara, Medical Daily (2015): “What is Body Integrity Identity Disorder and Why did It Make a Woman Blind Herself?”
- Barcroft TV segment with Chloe Jennings-White
- Anderson Cooper clip with Chloe Jennings-White
- Discovery Life: “Amputee Wannabe”
- Barcroft TV: “Living with BIID”
- Open Dialogue Episode “Transability,” 2017, Accessible Media Inc.
Note: We do not necessarily endorse or promote any of the views, opinions, or research in any of the linked texts and videos above. These links are provided for informational purposes only.